One of the best feelings in the world is frolicking in the waves or taking a dip in a cool pool on a hot day. But does the though of having to strip down to your swimsuit give you a small panic attack? You are not alone, we all experience anxieties about our bodies when it comes to beachwear. Fortunately, if you just adjust your thinking slightly you can save your self the suffering and simply enjoy the sun!
Here are a few tricks to boost your bikini confidence:
1. If you feel anxious about the way you look in a bathing suit, remind yourself no one is as concerned about it as you are. Remind yourself that your feelings might not necessarily be facts and those "flaws' you see others probably don't even notice.
2. Are you obsessing over your tummy or your thighs or you bum? Don't think of yourself in terms of body parts. No one else does so don't forget your a total package!
3. Women tend to look at what your wearing and men are happy to see a woman's body end.of.story. Studies have also shown that men tend to like us heavier than we like ourselves. So don't kill yourself trying to lose pounds before beach season. Just find a cute swimsuit and have fun.
4. Keep hydrated! Drinking water will actually help the body let go of water it has been holding on to and take away that "bloated" sensation which can keep your from feeling your bikini best.
5. Fit makes all the difference! Designer swimsuits with the right silhouettes and quality construction will look above and beyond the rest. The best loved brands have loyal fans because they know how to make a swimsuit that makes women feel great.
6. Fake it! If you are still stressing try to trick your feelings into a new routine. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in your swimsuit by the pool or the beach having a blast!