For our next installment of All Wet Beachwear's Swim Chronicles, it is Morgan's turn. She is the voice behind many of these blog posts and recently made a trip to Singapore and Malaysia. On her trip, she had the chance to test out new swimwear from Cia Maritima and Luli Fama.
I have always been crazy for swimwear. Even in high school, I would scan the magazines including the Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit issue and if I saw something unique I would find it and buy it and this was before the days of online shopping! A Brazilian friend once called me a bikini collector, when a Brazilian
calls you out on your bikini obsession, you know it is bad.
Because of my bikini addiction, I have tried a lot of different brands and two of my favorites are Cia Maritima and Luli Fama. I had an opportunity to escape the city and travel to hot and humid Singapore and Malaysia and I brought swimwear from those brands on my trip.
Review of Cia Maritima Leopard Triangle Top and Bottom
I am a petite person and if there is one thing I hate it is putting on a bulky bikini and having it obscure the little shape that I do have. Cia Maritima's string bikinis have become my go-to-swimsuit. They do not look bulky on a small figure yet they aren't so overly teeny that I am afraid to disrobe either! The designs and prints are tasteful and fashion-forward. I know if I get a Cia bikini I can wear it for seasons to come. This particular swimsuit features a beautiful pattern that is an update on the traditional leopard print. I love the special details like the gold accent in between the cups and the soft fabric. In my report card, the only points I deducted were on staying power and functionality because I probably wouldn't try to surf it! But few bikinis actually stay put while surfing. Overall I loved it! It was so flattering and sexy yet not too revealing to wear poolside in Malaysia.
Review of Luli Fama Luxe Lace Triangle Top Bikini
Everyone needs at least 1 Luli Fama bikini and this was my first. I absolutely loved the runway photo of this style on the website and had to have it. I have tried on wavy side/scrunch back bottoms from other brands in the past but I can honestly say this brand fits the best and was the most flattering for my body type. However, the cut of the back is so skimpy that when first wearing this in public, I did have the feeling that my entire bottom was hanging out! But I got used to it quickly and having a tan bum was worth the initial shock. This bikini works best for poolside lounging. I have taken it in the ocean waves and had a mini-panic attack coming out of the water. A bonus is that this top does have light padding, it stays put and doesn't bunch and adds a nice little bust boost.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Thursday, May 10, 2012
One of the best feelings in the world is frolicking in the waves or taking a dip in a cool pool on a hot day. But does the though of having to strip down to your swimsuit give you a small panic attack? You are not alone, we all experience anxieties about our bodies when it comes to beachwear. Fortunately, if you just adjust your thinking slightly you can save your self the suffering and simply enjoy the sun!
Here are a few tricks to boost your bikini confidence:
1. If you feel anxious about the way you look in a bathing suit, remind yourself no one is as concerned about it as you are. Remind yourself that your feelings might not necessarily be facts and those "flaws' you see others probably don't even notice.
2. Are you obsessing over your tummy or your thighs or you bum? Don't think of yourself in terms of body parts. No one else does so don't forget your a total package!
3. Women tend to look at what your wearing and men are happy to see a woman's body end.of.story. Studies have also shown that men tend to like us heavier than we like ourselves. So don't kill yourself trying to lose pounds before beach season. Just find a cute swimsuit and have fun.
4. Keep hydrated! Drinking water will actually help the body let go of water it has been holding on to and take away that "bloated" sensation which can keep your from feeling your bikini best.
5. Fit makes all the difference! Designer swimsuits with the right silhouettes and quality construction will look above and beyond the rest. The best loved brands have loyal fans because they know how to make a swimsuit that makes women feel great.
6. Fake it! If you are still stressing try to trick your feelings into a new routine. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in your swimsuit by the pool or the beach having a blast!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Rihanna was spotted beachside in Hawaii in our new Dolly Black Bandeau Fringe bikini top and Scanty bottom from designer Lspace. Rhianna, known for her standout star style, opted for the fringe top which gives a fashion edge to a classic Little Black Bikini. This bikini has been one of our most-wanted styles this season and is available while supplies last on All Wet Beachwear. She tops of her boho chic look with a Flora Bella raffia cowboy hat also available on our website.