Friday, January 7, 2011

AWB's New York Voice

Since October, I have been helping out with the Social Media at All Wet Beachwear. Do you see the –M on the twitter posts? That’s me. I have also been updating Facebook and this Blog. My name is Morgan I am a New Yorker and I love fashion, beauty and of course beachwear! I got my start in fashion in 2005 working as the executive assistant for Pat McGrath the world’s top makeup artist. I worked tirelessly at her side helping to produce the backstage beauty looks for celebrated fashion houses including Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Prada. Recently, I became very excited about the fabulous experiences fashion brands were creating on the web so I moved from the world of backstage fashion to the world of online fashion. I jumped at the opportunity to work with All Wet Beachwear. I have admired the website for sometime. I am an avid traveler and as a friend put it a “bikini collector.” The AWB collection is really sexy and sophisticated. The owner Racquel Black also has a knack for finding exciting new international brands and bringing them to her clients.

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Black. I traveled to Kingston for my very first Christmas in Jamaica. In the days leading up to the holiday, I helped with an AWB Trunk Show at Shakti, an excellent yoga center and one of my favorite places in Kingston. I also attended a private Trunk Show at a gorgeous home in Stony Hill. At these events, the guests were all big fans of AWB and their brands. They knew exactly what they liked, skimpy or not skimpy, halter or bandeau, classic or embellished etc. and the clients oozed style. I admired their adventurous choices; they were true fashionistas.

Private Trunk Show in Stony Hill

The AWB showroom got soooo busy leading up to the holidays with women finding swimwear for holiday travel and gifts for friends and family. I thought of how much I would like to receive a bikini for Christmas even all the way in chilly New York. One young woman got 5 bikinis as gifts, I was so jealous! The rush was also due to the upcoming beach party, Maiden Cay. Women were coming 2 and 3 times to shop for the perfect party swimsuit to make a bold statement out there on the sand. The day before Maiden Cay, I think we were helping 10+ customers at a time! Then the big day came… I have honestly never attended a party like Maiden Cay. The yachts lined up along a tiny stretch of sand. Party goers swam from boat to boat and from boat to beach.  A huge sound system was set up on the sand and everyone danced and socialized until the sun went down. I spotted Olympian Usain Bolt, Miss Universe Runner Up Yendi Phillips, model Nell Robinson and many talented singers. I also noticed many gorgeous women sporting All Wet Beachwear. On my yacht, a young woman was wearing the Cia Maritima Peacock bikini. Flora Bella beach hats were on the yacht next to me. Racquel was a wearing a very, very cool Agua Bendita number with beaded fringe on the cups. I also saw the Despi Copacabana in Malibu and a very sexy Luli Fama Timbales Bikini. I was wearing a Beach Bunny piece with lots of details that turned out stunning in all my photos. It was an incredible event that I won’t soon forget.

Maiden Cay Beach Party

The nightlife in Kingston is unmatched. In addition to Maiden Cay there were parties like Utopia and Soiree, outdoor fetes with more food, drinks and beautiful patrons than you could ever imagine. The champagne was flowing at Fiction nightclub and the selector (DJ) got it just right. I am now back in NYC now still reveling in the time I had, I cannot imagine a better holiday.

To my American girls, if you a looking for wicked vacation I beg you to consider Kingston during the holidays. It is non-stop fun with ample opportunities for beach lounging and relaxation. Do it like the girls at AWB.

No comments:

Post a Comment